We are looking for a
VISUAL WEB DESIGNER
Job category: EC funded projects visual, web and video development
Job location: Switzerland
Start date: Q4 2022 / Q1 2023
Salary: Depending on the experience of the candidate, to be discussed
Holiday: 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Concerned about the future of our environment? Interested in developing more sustainable digital technologies? Join Digital for Planet a non-profit association organisation based in Switzerland. We promote innovation and solutions to empower individuals, businesses, and public institutions to be digitally sustainable, in line with the European Green Deal objectives and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
We are looking for a Visual Web Designer, with a thorough knowledge of and at least 3 years’ experience in curating the development of visual concepts to communicate, inspire, inform, and captivate the uniqueness of green digital solutions and innovation. Preferably you should have also experience in managing the visual Communication of complex European research and innovation funded projects (i.e. Horizon 2020).
As Visual Web Designer in Digital for Planet, you will manage the entire process of defining requirements, visualising and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts, videos and photos of European-funded and commercial research and innovation projects in various ICT fields, including for instance 6G, smart cities, green technologies, cloud edge computing, computer graphics etc.
You are passionate about storytelling and multimedia audience engagement. You will produce and publish visual content for Horizon Europe projects and Digital for Planet. You will creatively develop the ICT field. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos for EC funded projects. You’ll be the one to shape these visual aspects.
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations, animations, infographics to help deliver a message.
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral.
- Design, illustrate and update creative content and graphics for websites and social media platforms, including static and interactive features.
- Support the organisation of webinars, workshops, conferences and events in Europe and beyond with high profile stakeholders and limited budget (i.e. publications, information materials, event programmes, brochures, posters etc, in print and digital formats).
- Coordinate with the editorial team to improve content presentation/ layout (news, social media posts, videos etc.)
- Update websites as needed.
In close collaboration with the rest of the Digital for Planet team, you will contribute to defining and maintaining the image of the company, delivering communications to support marketing and business acquisition, shaping corporate communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation Digital for Planet is involved in.
You will be active in a friendly international environment and take part to international R&D projects across Europe (and beyond from time to time). In this respect some travelling within and outside Europe will be entailed.
You will be active in a friendly international environment and take part to national and international R&D projects across Europe (and beyond from time to time). In this respect some travelling within and outside Europe will be entailed.